I've been making this nourishing, hydrating, plant-based vegetable soup for the past few months on a weekly basis.
I love having it on-hand on the stove or in the fridge. It really hits the spot when I want flavor, texture, richness but not heaviness. It keeps me full yet digests well. It takes about 30 minutes to make on a Sunday night, and trust me, its *chef's kiss*
Feel free to get creative or swap or add your favorite veggies. I like to use all organic ingredients when possible.
TIP: some grocery stores have pre-chopped veggie options, like a mirepoix mix of chopped carrots, celery and white onion. This makes it even easier to make, which makes you want to make it more!”
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1/4 white onion, chopped
- 5 large carrots, chopped
- 4 large celery stocks, chopped
- 2 packages of mushrooms (can be button, cremini, or your favorite), sliced
- 2 bunches of broccoli, chopped
- 2 bunches of cauliflower, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 container of low-sodium vegetable stock
- olive oil
TIP: try keeping these ingredients on-hand and in the fridge for a spur of the moment soup moment, in between zoom meetings. Recipe serves 6”
Celene Gee's Tips For Resetting
- Heat 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large sauté pan and add onion, carrots and celery and let cook down for about 5 minutes. Next, add chopped broccoli and cauliflower and let cook down for another 5 minutes.
- Add 1 garlic powder, cumin powder and sliced mushrooms.
- Continue to sauté and let cook down for another 10-15 minutes; veggies will begin to soften, and there should be moisture in the pan from the hydrating veggies
- Once veggies begin to break down a little, it's time to transfer to a pot.
- Add all the veggies to a pot, and pour in 1 whole container of stock (can be vegetable or chicken) I prefer low sodium because the sautéed veggies have a lot of flavor at this point. The veggies really soak up the liquid, so if needed add more stock
- Stir and let simmer for another 15 minutes, then add freshly ground black pepper.
- Cool to serve
- I like to adds some shredded vegan parmesan cheese on top, it balances the flavor of the soup perfectly