Permanent Hair Reduction / Laser Hair Removal
Gee Beauty's Medi-Beauty Department offers non-invasive, clean and relatively painless treatment for the permanent reduction of hair. Our treatments are suitable for any area of the body and size, from bikini line and upper lip to larger areas such as back and abdomen. Our unique smooth-pulse technology is safe and reliable, offering excellent hair removal results, with minimum discomfort.
To learn more, please book a private, complimentary Medi-Beauty consultation with one of our IPL-certified therapists to discuss your desired goals and customize an IPL regime to achieve your best results. Optimal results are seen between 6 to 8 treatments.
Please note: prices are quoted upon your consultation.
Laser Hair Removal benefits include:
- A permanent reduction of unwanted hair
- Non-invasive and relatively painless treatments featuring a unique cooling tip for extra comfort
- No downtime
- Safe, state-of-the-art technology
- Highest level of care & one-on-one attention from our Medi-Beauty certified therapists
Here are a few frequently asked questions about Laser Hair Removal:
- What is Intense Pulsed Light (IPL)?
- Pulsed light systems use hand-held flash lamps that emit gentle pulses of light which are absorbed in the skin. The treatment stimulates the growth of collagen and gives the skin a fresh and youthful look.
- Are laser hair removal treatments painful?
- No. During the procedure, a slight, momentary stinging sensation like a quick "snap" may be felt, but not pain. The cooling tip significantly decreases discomfort.
- What is the average rate of hair growth?
- About 0.35mm a day, but this varies depending on body area, age and gender.
- How many treatments are required?
- The typical regimen is 6-8 treatment sessions, spaced 4-12 weeks apart, depending on the body area.
- Why are multiple treatments necessary?
- About 20%-25% of human hair follicles on the body are in the growth phase at any given time. This is the percentage of hair follicles that can be destroyed in a single treatment session. In order to eliminate almost 70% of the hair, treatment has to be repeated until the desired result is achieved.
- Am I a good candidate for laser hair removal?
- The best way to know if laser hair removal is right for you is to come in for a complimentary consultation with one of our Medi-Beauty therapists. IPL is a safe option for clients as young as 16 because of the non-invasive nature of the treatments. Because the pulsed light is attracted to red and brown pigments, IPL is not recommended for those with a dark complexion as treatment may result in hypo-pigmentation (uneven loss of colour in the skin).
- Is there any specific care I should be taking of my skin while having IPL treatments?
- Yes. It is essential that clients administer a strict regimen of sun protection as sun exposure can cause increased inflammation and pigmentation in treated area. Your Medi-Beauty therapist will also inform you of any and all care instructions during your complimentary consultation.
Client comfort, privacy and confidentiality are of primary importance to Gee Beauty. We will be happy to share client-approved results of treatment during your one-on-one consultation.