A Gee Thing
The GEE women share their Fall essentials & what items they simply won't go without.
1. What’s the most essential fall beauty staple?
Miriam Gee: Fall is all about refining and repairing the skin from the summer sun (and fun). Even if we don’t lay out in the sun, we’re still catching rays (and some UV damage) but with a good refining treatment, like Sunday Riley Good Genes, you can restore and rejuvenate the skin to increase collagen production (think elasticity and density). I follow with a hydrating serum with Hyaluronic Acid to plump, hydrate and firm. I love Dr. Sebagh Serum Repair because it has an amazing instant lifting effect.
I also love full, fluttery lashes that last day to night. I use GrandeLash every night and layer 3 coats of our amazing long-lasting Luxury Black Mascara in the morning. It’s non-smudging and creats gorgeous definition - even in the humidity. Miami-approved! OK, I guess that was more than 1 essential...
Natalie Gee: Summer sun, salt-water and sweat can wreak havoc on my blonde hair, so I’m all about leaving a repairative, nourishing mask in my hair like Oribe Gold Lust Transformative Masque (available in-studio) - and then I just slick it back in a bun. I pair the look with a super-chic pair of oversized Illesteva sunglasses from 6bygeebeauty.com.
2. What’s the most exciting thing to you about launching Gee-Commerce?“We’ve become a trusted beauty source for our clients in our studios, & I want to build this connection online. We’ve done our research – scouring the globe to bring you the best of beauty & we’re sharing our knowledge & expert advice here on how to achieve your best results.”
3. What 3 products are your all-time favorites?
4. What won’t you go a day without?
NG: Coffee! I love the ritual of getting coffee with a friend or sister and connecting, even if its for 3 minutes.
CG: Talking to my family, coffee and eye cream!
MG: Talking to my girls, cooking, being inspired by beautiful visuals, filing in my brows - I use Soft Taupe Brow Pencil.
5. If you had to take 2 products away with you to a deserted island, what would they be?“Vitamin C for sure. This is actually how I introduce & describe the importance of this product to a new client! It’s so essential for skin health.” – Natalie Gee
“SPF of course! Protection & prevention are key!” – Miriam Gee
6. What are you the most low-maintenance about, beauty-wise?
CG: I either paint my own nails or leave them polish-free. The longer I go, the healthier my nails look and feel!
NG: I rarely go for professional hair blow-outs. I like the way I do my hair best to give me the wave, texture and body I’m looking for. I actually think I could have been a great hair stylist!
7. If knowledge is power, & Gee Beauty is all about being smart & gorgeous, what’s the most important piece of advice you can share?“ Focus on the positive & work it! Great brows, a good heart, a beautiful smile, a gorgeous laugh...We all have something amazing.” – Natalie Gee
“Age is just a number. You’re as young as you feel. Feeling great sometimes take work – through exercise, eating well, taking care of yourself & creating balance. Those are the ways I understand how I’m feeling, which translates to the way I look. I don’t focus on numbers.” – Miriam Gee: